As we all know, silicone resin is a relatively safe chemical substance, but there are also things to pay attention to when using it. First, let's understand the composition of the silicone resin:
Silicone resins are highly crosslinked, network-structured polyorganosiloxanes, typically methyltrichlorosilane, dimethyldichlorosilane, phenyltrichlorosilane, diphenyldichlorosilane, or methylbenzene. Various dichlorosilane mixtures are hydrolyzed at lower temperatures in the presence of organic solvents such as toluene to obtain acidic hydrolysates.
The hydrolysate is washed with water to remove the acid, the neutral primary polycondensate is thermally oxidized in the air or is further polycondensed in the presence of a catalyst, and then a highly cross-linked three-dimensional network structure is formed. Silicone resin is a thermosetting plastic, and one of its outstanding properties is excellent thermal oxidation stability. After heating at 250 ℃ for 24 hours, the weight loss of silicone resin is only 2 ~ 8%. Another outstanding property of silicone resin is excellent electrical insulation performance, which can maintain its good insulation performance in a wide temperature and frequency range.
Features of silicone resin
(1) Silicone resin has good bonding properties to metals such as iron, aluminum and tin, and is also easy to bond to glass and ceramics, but has poor adhesion to copper;
(2) Organic silicone adhesive based on pure silicone resin, based on silicone resin, mixed with inorganic filler and solvent, small molecules are released during curing, and heat and pressure are required;
(3) The curing temperature of the silicone resin-based adhesive is too high, and the application is limited;
(4) Add a small amount of ethyl orthosilicate, potassium acetate and silicate glass, etc., the curing temperature is reduced to 220 ~ 200 ℃, and the high temperature strength is still 392-4 90MPa;
(5) Pure silicon resin has low mechanical strength. When copolymerized with organic resins such as polyester, epoxy, or phenolic, it can obtain high temperature resistance and excellent mechanical properties.
Contact：Sharon Song(Sales manager)
Zhejiang Runhe Organosilicone New Material Co.,Ltd(Factory)
Zhejiang Runhe Chemical New Material Co.,Ltd(Exporter)
For more info, pls contact us.
We are always here for you.