Silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive has a strong bonding strength. In the process of use, what factors will affect the strength of the silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive? What factors are affected by the strength of silicone pressure-sensitive adhesives? Many people don't know very well. Next, the silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive manufacturers will introduce relevant knowledge to everyone, let's take a look.
The pressure sensitivity of the silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive is expressed by its viscosity characteristics. Its adhesion characteristics are composed of four elements: fast adhesion, adhesion, cohesion and adhesion. The adhesive tape is adhered to the adherend. When peeled off, the silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive must be completely detached from the adherend without residue, so it must form such a balance: fast adhesive force <adhesive force <cohesive force <sticky force.
The adhesion of silicone pressure-sensitive adhesives is mainly evaluated by peeling force, initial tack, and holding tack. In addition to these three properties, the anchoring force on the tape substrate and the peelability of the release paper are also important evaluation items. But this also involves related materials such as special primers and release adhesives that are compatible with silicone pressure-sensitive adhesives.
In addition to the above adhesiveness evaluation method, in order to evaluate the performance of the silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive in practical applications, other properties such as adhesion to the backing material, unwinding force of the tape, and pressure-sensitive adhesive on the surface of the substrate after the tape is bonded can also be tested. Residual properties.
1. Humidity: Moisture and moisture are detrimental to the stability of the bonding interface and can be said to be harmful and unhelpful. Because the water molecules are small in volume and large in polarity, they undergo a kind of hydrolysis through infiltration and diffusion, which can cause the bonding surface to break or self-detach, resulting in a reduction in bonding strength and durability.
2. Chemical media: Chemical media mainly refers to acid, alkali and salt solvents, etc. Different types of products have different media-resistant capabilities under different curing conditions. Therefore, the glue and sealant should be selected according to the medium to be contacted.
3. Temperature: Different products have different heat resistance. Different silicone pressure-sensitive adhesives are selected according to different temperatures.
4. Surface Roughness: The roughening of the surface when the single construction adhesive has poor wetting of the adhered material is not conducive to improving the bonding strength.
5. Pressure: Applying pressure to the bonding surface during bonding makes the adhesive easier to fill, and pits on the surface of the adherend even flow into deep holes and capillaries to reduce bonding defects.
6. Adhesive layer thickness: Thicker adhesive layers are prone to bubble defects and early fractures, so the adhesive layer should be made as thin as possible to obtain a higher bonding strength.
Contact：Sharon Song(Sales manager)
Zhejiang Runhe Organosilicone New Material Co.,Ltd(Factory)
Zhejiang Runhe Chemical New Material Co.,Ltd(Exporter)
For more info, pls contact us.
We are always here for you.