Advantages of Silicone Defoamers
(1) Wide application: Due to the special chemical structure of silicone oil, it is neither compatible with water or polar groups, nor is it compatible with hydrocarbons or hydrocarbon-containing organic compounds. As the silicone oil on the various substances insoluble, and thus a wide range of applications, both the use of water system defoaming, but also in the oil system used.
(2) surface tension is small: the surface capacity of silicone oil is generally 20-21 dyne / cm, than water (72 dyne / cm) and the general surface tension of foam is small, defoaming effect.
(3) good thermal stability:Silicone Defoamer the commonly used dimethyl silicone oil, for example, it can withstand 150 ℃ for a long time, a short time can withstand more than 300 ℃, the Si-O bond does not decompose. To ensure that the silicone defoamer can be used in a wide temperature range.
(4) chemical stability: because Si-O bond is relatively stable, so the chemical stability of silicone oil is very high, it is difficult to react with other substances chemical reaction. Therefore, as long as the preparation of reasonable, silicone defoamers allowed in the acid, alkali, salt system used.
(5) Physiological inertia:Silicone Defoamer Silicone oil has been shown to be toxic to humans and animals, with a semi-lethal dose greater than 34 g / kg. So the silicone defoamer (in the appropriate non-toxic emulsifier with the next) can be safely used in food, medical, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.
(6) strong defoaming: silicone defoamer can not only effectively remove the foam has been generated, and can significantly inhibit the foam, to prevent the formation of foam. It is used very little, as long as the weight of the media to add one millionth (1ppm),Silicone Defoamer that can produce defoaming effect. The common range is 1 to 100 ppm. Not only low cost, and do not pollute the defoaming of the material.